Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

4g63 motor question...

Old 03-22-2008, 12:49 AM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: 4g63 motor question...

Or you could properly tune the car. I guess the understanding of the importance of a proper running car is a lost art these days?

Just because it starts and runs without immediate catastrophic failure doesn't mean it is running correctly. The oil housing is also different, as is the ECU, and MAF. There also is no knock sensor. If you put all the turbo parts on the NT you'll need the turbo ECU and you'll need to add the extra wires to the harness for the turbo MAF and knock sensor, and you'll need to dial the timing way back to make up for the extra compression, and you'll also want to run 10w-40 or 20w-50 oil (I hope nobody is putting 10-30 in a 4g63.. might as well be running water..)

In the head the only difference is the cams. As far as the block, pistons are different, and oil squirters are absent in the NT block. The rest of the differences have already been covered I think.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:44 PM
krazdracer
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation

sry for jacking our thread but should i be running 20w-50 in my Na 463???

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
Or you could properly tune the car. I guess the understanding of the importance of a proper running car is a lost art these days?

Just because it starts and runs without immediate catastrophic failure doesn't mean it is running correctly. The oil housing is also different, as is the ECU, and MAF. There also is no knock sensor. If you put all the turbo parts on the NT you'll need the turbo ECU and you'll need to add the extra wires to the harness for the turbo MAF and knock sensor, and you'll need to dial the timing way back to make up for the extra compression, and you'll also want to run 10w-40 or 20w-50 oil (I hope nobody is putting 10-30 in a 4g63.. might as well be running water..)

In the head the only difference is the cams. As far as the block, pistons are different, and oil squirters are absent in the NT block. The rest of the differences have already been covered I think.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:07 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by krazdracer
sry for jacking our thread but should i be running 20w-50 in my Na 463???
Nah don't need to run that thick in a NA. If it's NA you can get away with 10w-40 or 10w-30. Just see what the motor seems to like. I've always found 10w-40 to be what works best in lower hp and NA 4G63s while 20w-50 works better for high hp, high rpm ones
Old 03-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
and you'll also want to run 10w-40 or 20w-50 oil (I hope nobody is putting 10-30 in a 4g63.. might as well be running water..)
Truth for 6G72TT as well. 20w-50 all the way.

Glad to see you back on the board!